Dance performance yesterday was great. The rush of adrenaline pumping, the whirring of the sound systems, the sudden flood of lights. This is what it's all about. Ate only a pork bun in the hours between 2pm and 10pm. Yes, I was that busy.
Got to the Riverside theatre at 2.30pm with my friend Elsie and found out that we were the only one there, arriving before the teacher. We got a private reserved parking space cause we're that special. >.< Then dumped all the costumes and stuff in a dressing room. OMG the dressing room was awesome. It had individual mirrors with five light bulbs on each side, just like the ones you see in the movies. It had a private en suite lol, with two toilets and two showers. Don't know why you would need showers in a theatre but anyway.
It wasn't long before everyone else came and people just flooded in like crazy. First we had dress rehearsals on the stage. Some random woman who needed anger management screamed at us from the audience through a microphone. She was so rude to the light control people, gosh. Learn some manners already. We had to rush around like mad people, getting parts of the make up done in between the rehearsals.
Some person from Mary Kay did mine. Apparently it was professional but made me look like a snake. O.o And apparently I have retarded skin. =.=" So nice. Then I was super paranoid about the random eye liner that she drew that wasn't even on my waterline so I ran around trying to get it fixed lol. Annie's mum redid it and it looked much better. :P
Got a mini break that last around half an hour, during which I ate my bun. I don't know why I was so thirsty but it seemed like I couldn't stop drinking water. O.o Then I needed the bathroom too much. =.="
Then the show started!! The opening was really random. Some jazz dance to the song "Absolutely Everybody" by Vanessa Calton. I swear they overuse that. Anyway, it was two dance groups joined together. Little kids from our group went and adults from their group went. The adults wore jeans and a T-shirt (how is that an appropriate costume for the opening dance?) Luckily, our people had costumes. It was red and white. ^.^
It was like panic when it came to my dance. I had to wear a tutu for the pointe dance with Wendy. It fully stuck out and everyone had to move out of my way so I could get through. Teacher was like: stretch your arms! :P
Then I did a group dance called the Pretty Diva. It was sooooooo random. You had some long feather sticking from the hat on your head lol. Rushed back into the change rooms and went into a green olden day outfit, something like they used to wear in ancient temples, very girly.
The finale was disappointing. The other dance group hogged the ending when our one was more suited for it. Stupid anger management person. Everyone had to go on stage again and I was wearing my tutu. Made people move cause I couldn't get through until they did. ^.^
There was a mad rush shortly afterwards, as everyone tried to go home at the same time. I stayed back with Elsie and her mum and helped the teacher sort out the costumes. Garments were on the loose and we couldn't find anything cause people dumped them everywhere and just left. So mean >: | In the end, we somehow managed to pack everything and shove it all back in the car. Teacher hugged us. <3 She was so cute ^.^ Looking forward to seeing her again on Wednesday for my pointe lesson.
Wow, one mad rush of a day but it was good. Looking forward to another performance like that soon. Love the lights, love the atmosphere, love the dancing!
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Welcome
Followers
About Me
- [~~Doolie*]
- You should know me from different places. If you don't, you shouldn't be here.
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments:
Post a Comment