Tuesday, August 16, 2011

RPA

Work experience at the RPA was awesome! So in the morning, Elijah wanted me "braid" (actually plait) his hair. Yes he's a guy and he wanted his hair plaited. Why? Cause he has some random strand sticking out. Anyway, also saw Elaine and she questioned my on why I was so "dressed up".

So I got to the station, Marina was waiting for me and since we were late, thanks to Vu, we took the backstreets. Very sus. So we got there and Marina's mum gave us an introduction to the memory retraining course thing, then we walked through a maze to get to the actual room, which I still don't know where it's located. =.=" We went in. That awkward moment when everyone stares at you. Hmmm.

The exercises were cool. Some of them work really well. ^.^ I'm glad my memory is pretty good. (: Anyway, we had a break in between. I ate an Anzac cookie =.=" OMG FAT. Lol. There were strawberries and tea (English Breakfast) even though it wasn't breakfast. XD Back to the session. Skip to the end of the session....We went back upstairs and marked some face recognition tests and also watched a video about a patient after a stroke. Oh yes, and before that was lunch!!

So the patient. He had a stroke and damaged the central part of his brain which is the part used to interpret the visual images you see, which is at the back of your brain. So if you put an apple infront of him, he is able to tell you that it grows on trees, you eat it, it a fruit but just can't tell you it's an apple. Same goes with a cow. It gives us milk, they have to be milked everyday, you will find it on a farm but he can't tell us it's a cow. Then he's given a list of words including apple. cow, calculator etc. He is told to read it out but he can't. The words are then covered and he is told to write the word apple, which he can do. When he compares it, he can recognise that they are the same words. However he can't read his own writing. So if you told him to write something, he can spell it correctly but he can't read. The human brain...a fascinating thing.

Anyway. We ate more Anzac Cookies and what did that mean? Hardcore exercise when I got home. Oh yes, went dancing. On the way to the station, I got gelato, Tim Tam flavoured lol. Being more fat. Why am I binge-ing? O.o More hardcore exercise needed.

Skip to point lesson. Doing dances over and over again. Leg suddenly went weak, rolled my ankle. =.=" URGH. So annoying. I hate it when your body just goes weak. Hmph. Skip to afterwards. Got lectured by Heidi. =.=" About pushing myself too hard. But hey, you gotta follow this rule: if you want to be better than just okay, you have to push yourself. Right? And we injure ourselves from exercise. So don't worry. I'm not the only one. :D

Skip to after dance. Computer. Studying japanese speaking test. =.=" BORING! Gonna fail anyway so meh. Can't be bothered lol. Skip to.....no more skips, that's the end. Bye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment